Most modes of Creo Parametric have been reorganized into a
ribbon-style user interface.
• Ribbon structure:
– File menu.
– Tasks organized into a series
– Tabs contain groups of
– Current features stack up in
• Command Search
• ALT key shortcuts
Figure 2 – Portion of Active Part Ribbon, Model Tab, and Datum Group
Understanding the Ribbon Interface
Most modes of Creo Parametric have been reorganized into a ribbon-style
user interface. The ribbon appears above the graphics window. The ribbon
structure consists of the following:
• The File menu, which contains commonly used system commands.
• Tasks, which are organized into a series of tabs.
• Tabs, which contain groups of icon commands.
• Current features being created, which stack up in subsequent ribbon tabs.
For example, Extrude > Sketch > Rotate Resize.
You can activate the command search by clicking Command Search next
to the Creo Parametric Help icon. This activates the Command Search
field, which enables you to type commands. As you begin typing a command,
a list appears and dynamically filters results as you type.
When you cursor over any of the list’s results, the system locates and
highlights the command in the ribbon. If you select any of the list’s results,
the command starts.
At the bottom of the list, you can click Setup to access the Command Search
Settings dialog box. The following options are available:
• Search in Help Text
• Match Case
• Match Criteria – The following options are available:
– Begins with
– Ends with
ALT Key Shortcuts
If you press and release ALT, shortcut letters display in the UI next to ribbons
and icons. You can then type those letters to activate the ribbon tab or