The Folder Browser is a pane in the Navigator that enables you
to browse the folders on your computer and network.
• The Folder Browser is divided into:
– Common Folders
– Folder Tree
• The Folder Browser enables you
– Browse folders.
– View In Session objects.
– View contents of your Desktop,
My Documents, and Network
– Navigate directly to the Working
– Resize the width by dragging
the window divider.
– Click the icon in the status bar
to toggle the Navigator on or off.
Understanding the Folder Browser
Figure 1 – The Folder Browser
The Navigator is a pane in the Creo Parametric user interface that contains a
series of tabs across the top. One of those tabs is the Folder Browser. By
default, Creo Parametric launches with the Folder Browser open. The Folder
Browser enables you to browse the folders on your computer and network.
You can resize the Folder Browser width by dragging the window divider or
close the Navigator entirely by clicking the icon in the status bar.
The Folder Browser is divided into the Common Folders and the Folder Tree.
The Folder Tree
The Folder Tree enables you to browse your computer’s folder structure. By
default, the Folder Tree is collapsed at the bottom of the Folder Browser
window. You can also use the Folder Tree to set a new working directory, add
folders to the Common Folders, and add, delete, or rename folders on your
computer. The contents of a folder selected in the Folder Tree are displayed
in the Web browser.
The Common Folders
The Common Folders area of the Navigator contains folders that, when
selected, direct you to the folder location in the Folder Tree or Web browser.
To add a folder to this area of the interface, right-click the folder in the Folder
Tree or Web browser and select Add to common folders. The six standard
Common Folders include:
• In Session – Enables you to view all files currently In Session.
• Desktop – Enables you to view the contents of your Desktop.
• My Documents – Enables you to view the contents of your My Documents
• Working Directory – Enables you to view the contents of the current
• Network Neighborhood – Enables you to view the contents of your Network
• Favorites – Enables you to view the folders or Web sites you have
designated as favorites. Alternatively, you could also select the Favorites
tab from the top of the Navigator