To perform a safety check for all connectors:
- Create a static or nonlinear study.
- Define pin or bolt connectors in your document.
- In the Connectors PropertyManager, select Strength Data.
- Under Strength Data:
- Set the Tensile Stress Area and its unit.
- Set the connector’s material yield strength and its unit in Bolt Strength.
- Set the factor of safety in Safety Factor.
- After running the study, right-click the Results folder and select Define Pin/Bolt Check.
- For nonlinear studies, set the step number at which you want to see the safety results.
- Click .
Connectors with a resultant load safety ratio larger than the user-defined safety factor are listed in the OK folder, and are colored green in the graphics area.
Connectors with a resultant load safety ratio smaller than the user-defined safety factor are listed in the Needs Attention folder , and are colored red in the graphics area. These connectors may need resizing to pass the safety check.
- In the Pin/Bolt Check box, select a connector icon.
The connector’s callout appears in the graphics area. The callout displays the safety status of the connector, the calculated factor of safety (FOS), and the user-defined FOS.