Offset geometry from ellipse
- (Optional) Right-click, and clear check marks to remove the default settings that affect the results of an offset ellipse.
- Loop Select Chooses closed loops.
- Constrain Offset Constrains the distance between the offset geometry and the original ellipse to be equidistant.
- Click the ellipse.
- Move the cursor to place the offset geometry, and then click to create.
- To quit, right-click, and then click Done.
- If the new offset is an associative spline, use Dimension to specify an offset distance.
- (Optional) To break the association between the ellipse and the offset spline, right-click, and click Convert to Spline. After you break the association, you can add dimensions and constraints separately.Right-click the spline, and then set options to adjust spline shape, if necessary.
Tags autodesk inventor tips autodesk inventor training autodesk inventor tricks autodesk inventor video