From Mastercam’s menu, select Create, Line, Tangent through point.
Line Tangent through point ribbon bar
|Use this ribbon bar to create a line that is tangent to an arc or spline.
- Choose Create, Line, Create Line Tangent through point.
- Select an arc or spline.
- Select the tangency point (the line’s first endpoint).
- Select the line’s second endpoint, or enter a line length.
For descriptions of the ribbon bar’s controls, click the Button definitions tab above.
- If you have the Length field locked, Mastercam creates two tangent lines and asks you which to keep.
- If you pick a tangent point not on a selected arc, Mastercam moves the point onto the arc. It does this by projecting the selected point along a vector from the point and through the arc’s center point.
- If you pick a tangent point not on a selected spline, Mastercam moves the point onto the spline. It does this by using the Nearest function to project the selected point.
- After you choose Edit Endpoint 1 or Edit Endpoint 2, you can use AutoCursor to reposition the endpoint.
1 – Edit endpoint 1
2 – Edit endpoint 2
L – Length (defines line length)
S – Reselect the arc or spline
P – Apply
O – OK (fixes live entity and exits function)