Editing toolpath defaults with the Control Definition Manager
|Mastercam gives you two main ways to access your toolpath defaults.
- Typically, you will access them from the machine group properties in the Toolpath Manager. Click here to learn more.
- You can also access them from the Control Definition Manager, as described here. This can be a useful convenience when you are creating machine- or control-specific sets of toolpath defaults.
- In the Control Definition Manager, select Operation Defaults from the list of property pages, and select the desired units.
- To choose a different defaults file to edit, click the Browse button (as shown below).
- If prompted to save changes to your original defaults library, click No.
- Edit default values for each type of operation by clicking its Parameters icon.
- To add a new operation, right-click in the window and choose it from the menu. New operations will be created at the insertion point, just like in the Toolpath Manager.
- To delete an operation, click it and press [Delete].
- Click Save default settings before moving to another page. You must click this button to write your new default settings to the .defaults file.
- (Optional) If you have created a new defaults file, go to the Files page to make it the default for new machine groups.