You can perform draft checking on mold components during the mold opening sequence.
• Specify the step to check.
• Specify the following:
– Pull direction
– Draft Angle
– One Side/Both Sides
– Full Color/Three Color
– Part or surfaces to check
Figure 2 – Draft Check on a Slider
Figure 3 – Draft Check on the Molding
Draft Checking a Mold Opening Step
You can perform draft checking on mold components during the mold opening sequence. You can use draft checking to determine whether the mold components have the correct surfaces drafted and suitable draft angles in order to facilitate the mold opening process.
In order to perform a draft check, you must first specify on which step of the opening sequence you want to perform the draft check. You must also specify the following items to perform a draft check during the mold opening sequence:
• Pull Dir – Specifies the pull direction to be used for the draft check. You can specify the pull direction using either of the following methods:
– Specify – Enables you to select a pull direction. You can filter the pull direction reference by plane, coordinate system, curve, edge, or axis
and specify the proper reference. You can also flip the pull direction to the opposite side of the reference.
– Move Num – Enables you to specify a pull direction reference by specifying a move number in the step.
• Draft Angle – Enables you to specify the desired draft angle to check.
• One Side/Both Sides – Enables you to specify whether the draft check is performed on one or both sides of the direction reference.
• Full Color/Three Color – Enables you to specify whether the display is shown using the full color spectrum or with three colors.
• Part or surface to check for drafting – Once you have specified the pull direction and draft angle, you must specify a part to check for drafting or a surface to check for drafting.