Stress-strain curves are available with the following material models: Nonlinear Elastic, Plasticity – von Mises, and Plasticity – Tresca.
To define a stress-strain curve:
- In the Material dialog box, right-click Custom Materials and select New Category. If needed, rename the New Category folder.
- Right-click the newly defined category and select New Material.
- On the Properties tab, do the following:
- Set Model Type to either Nonlinear Elastic, Plasticity – von Mises, or Plasticity – Tresca.
- Select the desired Units.
- Click Create Stress-Strain Curve.
The Tables & Curves tab is active and Stress-Strain Curve is selected in Type.
- In Table data, do the following:
- Select the desired stress in Units.
- Enter the strain and stress data pairs in the table. For large strain formulation, enter the logarithmic strain data.
- To open a new row, double-click any cell in the Points column.
- Click File to read data from a *.dat text file with two columns of data.
- Click View to view the curve.
- To save the material to a material library, click Save.
- Click Apply.
- Click Close.