Define constraints to specify the conditions that your design must satisfy. The constraints can be driven global variables or sensors for mass properties, dimensions, and simulation data.
- On the Variable View tab or Table View tab of the design study, in Constraints section, do one of the following:
- Select a predefined sensor from the list.
- Select Add Sensor, define a sensor, and select the newly defined sensor from the list.
The sensor name appears in the Constraints section.
- For the constraint, if you defined multiple studies of the same type, select the simulation study to run and track the value of the sensor. (Not available in SolidWorks Standard and SolidWorks Professional.)
- For condition, select one:
Monitor the sensor value being tracked without imposing any constraints.
is greater than
For Min, type the minimum acceptable sensor value.
is less than
For Max, type the maximum acceptable sensor value.
Type values for Min and Max, the range of acceptable sensor values.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to define additional constraints.