You can customize the ribbon, Quick Access toolbar, and In
Graphics toolbar in numerous ways to personalize it for your
• Add or remove icons from the
Quick Access toolbar or In
– There is an individual toolbar
for each mode.
• Ribbon customizations:
– Create new tabs or reorder
– Create new groups or customize
– Specify large or small icons, or
• Export settings or restore defaults.
Figure 2 – Collapse Priorities
Customizing the Ribbon Interface
You can customize the ribbon, Quick Access toolbar, and In Graphics toolbar
in numerous ways to personalize it for your work style. You can drag almost
any icon onto the Quick Access toolbar so that it is available. You can also
customize commands in the In Graphics toolbar.
The different ribbons that display when switching between modes such as
Part, Assembly, and Sketcher are independently customizable. Furthermore,
the Quick Access and In Graphics toolbars that display with each ribbon
are independent as well, enabling you to maintain separate toolbar
customizations for each mode.
You can perform the following high level ribbon customizations:
• Collapse or display the ribbon using Minimize the Ribbon
also use the CTRL+F1 shortcut to minimize or restore the ribbon. You can
even double-click the tabs to minimize or restore it.
• Create new ribbon tabs.
Within the ribbon, you can perform the following customizations to the tabs:
• Reorder the tabs.
• Select up to three groups to be included in a tab.
© 2012 PTC Module 3 | Page 19
. You can
For PTC Internal Use Only
• Create custom tabs.
Within the tabs, you can perform the following customizations on the groups:
• Customize group contents.
• Create custom groups.
• Collapse groups. The first icon in the group is shown as a large icon with
a drop-down menu.
• Customize the collapse priority. As the Creo window is made narrower,
groups begin to collapse, and they collapse based on the priority set. For
example, priority 7 is collapsed first, and priority 1 is collapsed last.
Within the groups, you can perform the following customizations on the icons:
• Specify small icons or large icons.
• Specify whether the icon image is displayed.
• Specify whether the command label is displayed.
Saving Customizations and Restoring Defaults
Your new ribbon, Quick Access toolbar, and In Graphics toolbar settings
can be exported to a *.ui file. These *.ui files are read by Creo Parametric
in the following order:
• Note the admin_ prefix.
• This is the system default location.
• This file is read only if the config.pro option load_ui_customization_
run_dir is set to yes.
You can always restore the default Creo Parametric settings