To create analysis library features, you first create a study in which you define the analysis features that you want to include in the analysis library. You can create analysis libraries from part (with multi-bodies) and assembly documents. The analysis libraries have the *.sldalprt or *.sldalasm extensions.
To create an analysis library feature:
- Open a part or an assembly document.
- Browse to installation_directory\data\Analysis Library\Examples folder or a sub-folder of the same path. Alternatively, you could define a different Analysis Library path.
- Set Save as type to Analysis Lib Part (*.sldalprt) if the active document is a part document or Analysis Lib Assembly (*.sldalasm) if the active document is an assembly document.
- Click Save.
The program saves the document and adds the appropriate extension.
- Create a study.
You can create analysis library features using static, frequency, buckling, thermal, and nonlinear studies.
- Click the Simulation study tab.
Two new folders appear in the Simulation study tree: Library References and Library Values. Values under these folders will be populated based on the item you add to the library.
- Define the loads, fixtures, and connections that you want to add to the analysis library.
You can add comments specific to the study. Right-click the top study icon in the Simulation tree and select Properties. On the Remark tab, type any comments and click OK.
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click the item that you want to add to the library, for example, Fixed-1 and select Add to Library Feature.
The Fixed-1 icon changes from to indicating that this item has been added to the library. You can continue adding features to the library as needed.
- Click .
Adding a Single Library Feature
To add a single library feature to the analysis library:
- In the Simulation study tree, define the load, fixture, or connection that you want to add to the analysis library.
- Right-click the item you want to add, for example, Force-1, and select Add to Library . You can also drag the item to the analysis library.
- In the Add to Library PropertyManager under Save To, browse to the desired folder in the analysis library.
- Click .
The feature is saved in the selected folder in the analysis library with the extension .sldsimfvt.
Library Feature PropertyManager
The Library Feature PropertyManager allows you to insert analysis library features in the active study of a part or assembly document.
|References||Lists the references required to insert the library features.|
Lists the values of the library features as defined in the feature library.
|Override library values||Check this option to modify the values of the library features in the PropertyManager.|
|Name||Displays the names of the Library Values items.|
|Value||Displays the values of library features as defined in the library.|
|Units||Displays the units in which library feature values are displayed.|