You can configure groups of hole axes within drill groups. You can then select drill groups when creating holemaking sequences. This simplifies the hole selection process.
• Simplify hole selection.
• Drill group updates.
Configuring Drill Groups
• Selecting holes:
Figure 1 – Drilling Group Dialog
• You can configure groups of hole axes either before creating holemaking sequences or during the creation of holemaking sequences. Drill groups have the following features.
– Simplify hole selection – Once you configure a drill group, you can select it for any holemaking sequence by just selecting its name from a
– Drill group updates – Modifying a drill group updates all NC sequences that reference the modified group.Configuring Drill Groups
• Selecting holes – You can select the holes for a drill group using any combination of the following methods.
– Axes – Specify holes by selecting individual hole axes.
– Diameters – Specify holes by selecting diameter value(s).
– Surfaces – Specify holes by selecting surfaces of the reference part or workpiece.
– Parameters – Select holes with a certain parameter value.