A silhouette curve is created where the draft on the reference model instantaneously changes from positive to negative when
viewed from the pull direction.
• The automatic parting line is created using silhouette curves.
• You must define the following:
– Surface references
Figure 3 – Silhouette Curve
Creating an Automatic Parting Line Using Silhouette Curves
You can create an automatic parting line using the Silhouette Curve tool.
This tool creates the parting line by using silhouette curves. A silhouette curve is a datum curve feature that is created where the draft on the reference model instantaneously changes from positive to negative when viewed from a certain direction. Figure 3 displays the resulting parting line from the mold model in Figure 1.
From the mold model standpoint, you must define the following when creating the silhouette curve:
• Name – This defines the name of the curve as it displays in the model tree.
If desired, you can accept the default name.
• Surface Refs – This specifies the surfaces on which to create the silhouette curve. By default, the reference model is defined as the surface references.
Thus, the silhouette curve is created on the reference model. If the mold model contains more than one reference model, you must specify the
surface references to be used, and the surface references must all be selected on the same solid or reference model.
• Direction – This defines the direction for creating the silhouette curve. By default, the specified direction is the pull direction, although you can specify a different direction using any of the following options:
– Plane – Plane makes the direction perpendicular to the specified plane.
– Curve, Edge, or Axis – These make the direction follow the selected curve, edge, or axis.
– Coordinate System – This makes the direction follow the specified axis of the selected coordinate system.
In Figure 2, notice that the silhouette curve is created at all draft transitions from the pull direction
Incoming search terms:
- A curve-friendly shift silhouette offers plenty of room for comfort in this boldly hued wardrobe staple See all Lbisse products See all Womens Casual Dresses