Creating a new toolpath defaults file
Follow these steps to create a new toolpath defaults file. This is a file with a DEFAULTS extension that provides the initial values for new toolpath operations.
Begin creating new defaults files from a machine definition already loaded in the Toolpath Manager.
1. In the Toolpath Manager, click the Files icon for the machine group to open the Files tab of the Machine Group Properties dialog box.
2. Select the exclamation point icon in the Operation Defaults section to open the Edit Operation Defaults dialog box.
3. To create the new file, click the Browse button at the top of the Edit Operation Defaults dialog box to open the Select Operation Defaults File dialog box.
4. Right-click the defaults file on which you want to base your new file, and choose Copy.
6. Right-click the new copy of the defaults file, choose Rename, enter the new file name, and press [Enter].
Important: When renaming your file, make sure not to change the file extension.
7. Re-click the new file name. Make sure the new defaults file name appears in the File name field. If the correct file name does not display, click anywhere in the white area of the list of files, and re-select the correct file.
8. Click OK.
9. If prompted to save changes to your original defaults library, click No.
10. Edit the new defaults library as necessary. Click here to learn more.
Note: You can also empty the new file and start with a blank file by choosing the Delete all operations button from the toolbar.
11. When finished, click OK twice to save your changes and return to the Toolpath Manager.
Click here to learn more about editing the defaults file and adding new operations to it.
Alternatively, you can create new toolpath default files through the Control Definition Manager. Choose Settings, Control Definition Manager, and make your edits. Click the Save Current Selection button to create the new file.