Prior to the introduction of Direct Manipulation modeling techniques in Inventor R2011, the Point command was the only method available to create work points. This legacy method was, and still can be, used with one of the methods described below:
- On the ribbon, click 3D Model tab Work Features panel Point .
- Move the cursor over the model to highlight valid work point locations.
- Right-click and select Loop Select mode from the pop-up context menu. When Loop Select mode is on, selection priority is loops on parts.
- On the active part or feature, click one of the following to place the work point:
- A loop, such as the edge of a cylindrical feature or a cut.
- Analytic curve
- Non-analytic closed loop curve