To move a relative to a different location, use the Move Triad Only option of the 3D Move or Rotate command. On the ribbon, use 3D Model tab Work Features panel Grounded Point to create a work point, then follow this sequence:
- Right-click the grounded work point and select 3D Move/Rotate to edit the grounded work point.
- Click the arrowhead of the X axis, for example, to open the dialog box.
- Right-click, select Move Triad Only, and then drag the triad to a new location.
- Right-click and select Apply. The work point and the triad are separated.
- Right-click and clear the check mark on Move Triad Only so that you can move or rotate the work point and triad together.
- Click the shaft of the Y or Z axis, for example, and drag around the selected axis. Both the triad and the work point rotate together.
- Right-click and select Apply.