The parallel constraint causes selected lines or ellipse axes to lie parallel to one another. In a 3D sketch, the parallel constraint is parallel to x, y, or z part axes unless you manually constrain to selected geometry.
- On the ribbon, click Sketch tab Constrain panel Parallel Constraint .
- Click the first line or ellipse axis.
- Select a second line or ellipse axis.
- Continue to place parallel constraints, or do one of the following to quit:
- Right-click, and select Done.
- Press Esc.
- Select another command.