Divide one or more open or closed objects (also faces) by using face(s), a plane, or object(s) as a dividing entity.
- If you want to divide a solid or face using a contour as the cutting tool, use the function Divide by Contour.
- To divide faces of open or closed objects, use the Faces > Split function.
- To divide contours, use the Curves > Split function.
- If the resulting object(s) contain more than one lump, the object will be separated into a number of lumps.
The following is the Feature Guide for Divide > By Object.
|Remember: You can open the Feature Guide at any time on the graphic display area by right-clicking.|
- One object can be used to divide multiple objects, or multiple objects can be used to divide one object.
- Face(s) can only be used to divide one solid.
Creating a Divide – Detailed Interaction of All Options
- Divide Object(s) by a Plane
- Divide Open Object
- Divide One Object by Multiple Objects
- Divide One Face by Multiple Objects
- Divide Multiple Objects by One Object
- Divide Multiple Faces by One Object
- Divide One Object by Multiple Faces
- Divide One Object by One Face
- Divide One Object by Faces of an Object
See Divide > By Object: Parameters for an explanation of the parameters used in this function.