The Tangent Conditions option enables you to specify surfaces on the reference model to which the resulting skirt surface must be tangent.
• Specify which surfaces the skirt surface must be tangent to.
• You can exclude adjacent curve segments from the tangent condition.
Figure 3 – Curves Excluded from Tangent Condition
Analyzing Skirt Surface Options: Tangent Conditions
The Tangent Conditions option enables you to specify surfaces on the reference model to which the resulting skirt surface must be tangent when extending through the parting line curves.
You must specify the following when defining tangent conditions for the skirt surface:
• Tangent surfaces – Specify the reference model surfaces adjacent to the parting curve to which the skirt surface must be tangent.
• Include Curve – The skirt surface must extend through these curves tangent to the adjacent surfaces. By default, all curves adjacent to the
selected surfaces are included.
• Exclude Curve – The tangent condition is not applied to the curves in this column of the Tangent Conditions tab.
In Figure 1, no tangent conditions have been applied to the resulting skirt surface. In Figure 2, the tangent condition has been applied to all outer surfaces of the reference model. Consequently, the skirt surface extends through the parting line tangent to the adjacent surfaces. However, in Figure 3, all but the left and right curves have been excluded from the tangent condition. As a result, the skirt surface is only tangent to the left and right reference model surfaces.