Use the following steps to add pipe, punch or lace symbols to the appropriate library
- Select the appropriate button (Pipe, Punch or Lace) from the main toolbar.
- When creating a symbol in pipe or lace mode, only one item can be selected at a time.
It is possible to select multiple items when creating a symbol for a punch library.
- Click to display a new model where you can create the new item as a symbol. The Advanced Tools toolbar is also displayed.
- Use the options on the Advanced Tools toolbar to create the item.
- Click to display the Define symbol dialog.
- Enter the Name of symbol.
- Enter a Description.
- Enter a pin by clicking a position on the symbol. Enter additional pins as required. If you enter the wrong position for a pin, click the pin mark to remove it.
- positions on the symbol definition. A symbol definition must have at least one pin.
- used to position the symbol and are key points. It is not possible to accurately snap onto a symbol where no pin exists, so extra pins should be created where other objects are most likely to connect with the symbol.
- Click Apply to save the symbol and continue creating symbols.
Click OK to save the symbol and return to library. The symbol is added to the library